Thursday 6 October 2011

Steve


I have to admit that in the past, I have always wondered at how much people worship Steve Jobs. 

I have been an Apple user for a long time now. I first used the Classic back in school with its tiny monochrome screen. Then I moved on to a white shiny iBook in 2004 when i was in the thick of my PhD. It was after that I was hooked and bought a 30GB iPod. Now, with a MacBook Pro with an iPhone and and iPad it seems that my love of Apple products has continued. 

I would often wonder why so many people would say how inspirational Steve Jobs almost to the point where it would feel like he is the only person working at Apple!

I woke up this morning, and I fired up Safari and Twitter. While checking for app updates for iOS and putting my iPhone in charge I read with disbelief the news. In hindsight, it was not unexpected, but it was shocking nonetheless. 

Reading the tweets and various messages online made me realise that, whether or not Steve had massive input or into the fine details of Apple product development is unimportant; he lead at the forefront of a stunning rise for Apple, shaped the end user experience and most importantly, inspired many more people to do great things, ushering in a new era in our use of digital media. 


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment